Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Simple Valentine Decorations

As I was putting up my Valentine's Day decorations, I realized that my hurricane jars are missing. I bought two of them last year on sale, packed them away when we moved, and now they're gone.  I am so frustrated!  I've gone through every. single. box.  Nowhere to be found!!  I love to put a big candle in the middle of the jar and then pour candy hearts around it.  Oh-well.  :(  Here are some more simple ways to decorate for Valentine's Day:

I love this one, because it's so pretty, but super inexpensive.  In fact, I got the entire thing at the dollar store!
Vase, artificial roses, and Red Hots.

Topiary.  I bought this gorgeous flower hanging ball at Michael's last year, and cut off the ribbon.  Then I painted a dowel red, and poked it through the middle. You could probably make your own with a styrofoam ball and artificial flowers.

Pillows.  I made these little pillows a couple weeks ago.  You can see the post HERE.

These are some gorgeous pillows my sister-in-law made.  I will post more details soon.  (Wow, I really shouldn't put the picture right next to the ones I made - hers look a million times better!)

I bought a bunch of these paint cans at a craft store, tied ribbons on the top, and put vinyl around the outside.  This one says "Kiss Me".  Sorry, it's hard to see - I am not very good with my pictures, yet.


Glass blocks - I love these, they make them so much more user-friendly now.  The new ones have wide slots in them that you can fill with things.  Rose petals would have been super pretty!!
I love printables! I got this frame at the thrift store, painted it black, and printed out the words on my computer. I can't find where I got this one - it was last year, but there are some stinkin' cute printables out there!  I might have to get more, and then change them out. Haha :)
(Oh, and that little jar is from the Taipan Trading Company, in Utah.)

Edit: Oh I just ran across that printable - it's from this site.
Candles with ribbon, and a glass from the dollar store filled with little styrofoam balls.  The glass has words all over it, it's really kind of cute.  The heart picks are also from the dollar store.
Well, that's pretty much it - I have a couple other projects I'm working on that I will post another time, and maybe I'll miraculously find my hurricane jars. Ha!

Thanks for stopping by! 
Photobucket

1 comment:

tita imperfect said...

Grateful for sharing thiss

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...